Wow. February 6th, 2014. Is that date significant to anyone out there? It may be someone’s birthday, wedding anniversary, or nothing special to celebrate. In my case, that was the last time I blogged. Wow. That was the day the music died. Ok, not really, but that was the day that I decided to get tired and quit. I didn’t plan on doing that. It just kind of happened. Should it have happened? No. Every day since February 6th, 2014 I have thought about this blog. Not one day has gone by that I didn’t think about it. I’m telling you, NOT ONE DAY. Now that I am reading that last line I feel pretty pathetic, like I’ve had Willie Nelson’s record on repeat playing “You’re Always On My Mind” with a carton of ice cream in my arms (and apparently record players are cool again, so I can make reference to that and you still know what I am talking about, even if you’re 15 years old).
So to totally redeem myself I have decided to kick it into gear and get back to where I ended. I actually just want to finish what I started. Failure isn’t an option for me. So after prolonging this for way too long, I know I want to pick up where I left off in my blog. For those who aren’t familiar with my blog, it originally started back in 2012 with 10,000 reasons. I wanted to take a year-long journey and document it through a blog. That journey would involve 27-28 blessings per day which in turn would end up with 10,000 reasons as to why I am blessed. Sometimes those blessings were random, like I was grateful for my awesome plate of hot tacos, or I was so blessed to have my amazing husband by my side. There were no rules to the blessings. That is the awesome thing about God. Sometimes He shows up in the most random ways but His love is always present in those blessings!
It is so easy for people to go through a day and not even see the little blessings that surround them. I wanted to change that in my life. I still do. That is why I am picking up where I left off and finishing my journey. It may not have been 365 consecutive days but you better believe I will have 10,000 reasons why I am blessed in 365 documented days. It’s not about accomplishing the number. It’s about finding my Jesus in the little things every day and seeing all the ways that He loves me. Oh how He loves me and He loves you.
In these next few weeks I will expand on how life changed for Jared, B and me. I will tell a little bit about the downfall of February 6th, 2014 (slight exaggeration on the word downfall so don’t get too excited) and where we are at today.
It’s never too late to pick up where you left off.
“The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Until then, here is to finishing what I started, 10,000 reasons why I am SO blessed:
- I am not a failure in the eyes of Jesus.
- God doesn’t expect me to be perfect.
- Jesus loves me.
- My little girl knows that Jesus loves her.
- The prayers my husband speaks over our baby girl every night.
- Friends to cry with.
- The beautiful monarch butterflies that are migrating.
- Protection over my family.
- I have a job that I love.
- My husband loves me more than Day 1.
- I have a little girl who is brave.
- The roof over my head. And it’s a pretty roof.
- My Frisco boy, the fur baby of the house.
- I work with a team that has passion.
- I know Jesus as my personal Savior. If you want to know more about Him, just ask me. I would love to talk to you about the best friend you will ever have.
- I can call Jesus my best friend.
- I am free to read my Bible in public in my country.
- My best friends have a passion for Christ.
- My husband prays over me.
- My daughter prays over me.
- My home is peaceful.
- In the times I want to throw in the towel, my God reminds me that quitting is not in my vocab. I need those reminders.
- God always has His arms open for me.
- My quiet times with the Lord.
- My Bible.
- My parents.
- My self-worth is found in Christ.
- God is SO good.Good night world. Until tomorrow. Cheers!